SPECIALIZED – MAVIC – SHIMANO – BONTRAGER - SIDI
A great cycling experience starts with a great bike fit, and a great bike fit starts with a great fitting shoe. That’s why we stock the most comprehensive selection of shoes for anyone’s feet. Each season we make an effort to evaluate each shoe’s width, volume, and toe-to-heel offset, then make a careful selection of these shoes to stock to best fit the needs of our customer’s feet. Our shoe fitting service matches the effort we make in shoe selection. We don’t just measure the size of your feet; we analyze the toe-to-heel offset, consider arch height and length, the amount of pronation, and take six actual measurements to determine which shoe is best for you.
But a great shoe fit isn’t all about the shoe, it’s about the support inside the shoe as well. That’s why we stock foot beds from E-Soles, which ensures that every customer will get the best fit possible, and the best foundation for their cycling experience.
LOOK – SPEEDPLAY – SHIMANO – CRANK BROS.
Like shoes, the proper pedal is a key component of bike fit and the cycling experience. To put it simply, different pedals fit the needs of different people. Beyond the simple distinction between the type of pedal (road, mountain, recreational) each pedal has a certain type and degree of adjustability, and each person requires different types and degrees of adjustability. We carry an excellent selection of pedals that have a wide variety of adjustability, including fore-aft position, Q-Factor, and float.
Already have shoes and pedals, but are experiencing discomfort or pain? While the shoe or pedal may be to blame, it could also be the alignment of the shoe and pedal. Visit our Fitting Services page to learn more about a Cleat Fit, which could very well be the solution.
CATEYE – BONTRAGER – GARMIN – CYCLEOPS
Are you a data-junkie? Or do you just want to know how far you’ve ridden or how fast you’re going? How about a GPS unit to get you back to town from the boonies? Whether you’re on either end of the spectrum, or anywhere between, we have a computer to meet your needs. With basic and mid-range models from Bontrager and Cateye, right up to the GPS-enabled Garmin units or data-blitz Cyclops Joule series, you can satisfy your technological desires right here.
- Cateye- The standard for years. We love them because they're simple to use and extremely reliable.
- Bontrager- Although they have more button sequences than Cateye, they have a large display that's easier to read. We especially like the Node 1 and Node 2 computers that interface wonderfully with the SpeedTrap and DuoTrap fork and frame integrated sensors.
- Garmin- As full-line Garmin Fitness dealer, we stock the Forerunner and Edge series computers and accessories. As GPS-enabled units, Garmin makes the most advanced running, swimming, and cycling computers available and we're proud to offer this option to our dedicated athletes.
ZOOT - 2XU - PROFILE DESIGN - FUEL BELTIf you're a triathlete, you know that triathlon has it's own set of accessories. Hydration belts, aero hydration belts, clip-on aero-bars, speed laces, bib belts, timing chip bands, transition bags, the list goes on... We have a dedicated triathlon section stocked with all the goodies to meet your needs.
CYCLEOPS – QUARQ – SRM
We are the Capital District’s power meter headquarters. Several of us actively use power-based training methods, and are knowledgable not only in the features and functions of the three main brands of power meters, but also are familiar with how to use them in your training.
- CYCLEOPS- As a hub-based system, CycleOps PowerTap units are the easiest and most cost effective way to get into a power meter. As a wheel, it's easy to install and switch from bike to bike, but is slightly heavier than crank-based systems. Wireless versions are ANT+ compatible, so they will work with the Bontrager Node, Garmin Edge, and CycleOps Joule computers.
- Quarq- The Quarq Cinqo is an affordable way to get into a crank-based Power Meter. As an ANT+ based system, they interface seamlessly with any power-ready ANT+ computer.
- SRM- SRM represents the ultimate in crank-based power measurement. They were the first to develop a power meter for the bicycle, and continue to make the finest power meters available. However, they are only compatible with their own proprietary computer.
ZIPP – MAVIC - SHIMANO
There’s no question about it, wheels have the most significant effect of any component on how a bike feels. From ride quality to acceleration, a different set of wheels can drastically change the characteristics of a bike. That’s why we stock wheels from Zipp, Mavic, and Shimano. Whether you’re just looking to replace a tired wheel, or upgrade to your dream wheel set for your best season yet, you can count on us to deliver the right wheel.
We have ZIPP 101, 404, 606 and 808 carbon clincher wheel sets available for demo. Visit our Demos page for more information.